My name is Michele Pond. I have been a physical therapist for nearly 25 years specializing in orthopedics and sports related injuries. I graduated from Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1999 with a Master of Physical Therapy degree. From there, I moved to Chicago, Illinois and worked for two large hospital based outpatient systems for the next 15 years practicing orthopedic physical therapy in a one on one environment. In addition, as a Certified yoga teacher and Strength and Conditioning Specialist, I know the importance movement and exercise play in the role to recovery. I have also been a patient so I understand what it feels like to struggle with an injury or a setback. A lifelong fitness enthusiast, I know what it takes to stay active throughout the different seasons of our lives.
In 2014, my family and I relocated to the Atlanta area to be closer to family. For the next 5 years I practiced locally but was consistently disappointed at the quality of care I was able to deliver both because of the time constraints I had with each patient and the patient volume I was required to see each day.
Feeling disenchanted with the current outpatient physical therapy model, I dreamed of being able to offer the same quality of care I was used to delivering. In 2019, I began seeing clients independently at a local personal training gym. The spring of 2020 brought about a new set of challenges, so I pivoted to a mobile based physical therapy model bringing my treatments to the client’s home.
Finally, in 2023, I am back in a physical location offering my clients a more comprehensive approach to rehab and injury prevention with the same high quality care while at the same time partnering with an extremely popular and results driven local gym.
- I am a licensed physical therapist in the state of Georgia.
- I am a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist through the NSCA (CSCS)
- I am a 200 hour certified yoga instructor
- Functional Movement Systems (FMS) Level 1
Selective Functional Movement Systems (SFMA) certified Level 1 and 2
- Functional Dry Needling certified Level I and II Kineticore/Evidence in Motion
- When the Feet Hit the Ground Everything Changes: Level 1 and II (Advanced Level Lower Extremity Biomechanics of the Foot & Ankle including video gait analysis and orthotic fabrication and management)
- Diaphragm and Pelvic Floor Piston For Adult Populations: Julie Wiebe
- The Lumbopelvic Hip Complex: Diane Lee
- Maitland Australian Physiotherapy Seminars: Level 1-3, Sacroiliac Joint and Motor Control Strategies